WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking for Advice re my 2 web sites

aff2shopaff2shop subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Website Critique
I would appreciate any feedback any of you could offer me on my two web sites.
www.affiliates2shop.com</A>
www.123bloom.com</A>
Also any great advice on increasing traffic would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    123bloom .....You need to view it in Firefox, as the right side of the page is cut off. Nice colors, but I`m immediately turned off by half of the page being ads.affiliates2shop ....This line .....  "But don`t leave after viewing only the home page" .... is already telling me "I haven`t told you anything worthwhile yet, but hang on....". Why should I? Convince me to stay to start with, interest me enough to look around. But I did, and basically all I see is that your site is nothing but affiliate ads. Your internal pages also have a Firefox problem.JMO .... I wouldn`t stay on either one for more than a few seconds.
  • aff2shopaff2shop subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the input.  The sites are full of ads because they are essentially shopping web sites.  But I get the point and I will try and find a way to make the sites more visually appealing.
    I took your advice and viewed them via Firefox and noticed that Firefox and Microsoft Office Live Basic aren`t very compatible.
    Firefox doesn`t view MSL Layout Zones properly.  I would advise others to use tables instead, otherwise, your margins will appear truncated as mine do.
    Also Firefox will truncate the text unless hard returns are used.
    Firefox doesn`t like borders on tables.  The work around is to nest the tables.
    Firefox will force your page to conform to your Page Width selection (example settings = 780 px) while MSL allows the page to expand beyond your selected page width defaults.
    I just wanted to provide more details so that others could benefit.
    It will take me a while to rework my sites to make them Firefox friendly.
    If anyone else has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    " Firefox and Microsoft Office Live Basic aren`t very compatible. "~ Because MS will make code for IE and not worry about other browsers." Firefox doesn`t like borders on tables. " ~ I`ve never had a problem with it.
  • RevivingLeadRevivingLead subscriber Posts: 1
    My website (reviving-leadership.com) is an Office Live site and I always view it on Firefox after making changes and I`ve never had a problem.  I believe I`m running the newest version of Firefox which might be the difference though. If someone reads this and looks at my site w/Firefox and has a problem please let me know because I`d be interested in what pages are causing problems for others.