WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

need advise on how to get back in the game

monsiemonsie subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in Startup Funding
Im a stay at home mom whose children are now attending school. and would love to set an example for my children. I have an idea to start a simple business.I want to sell perfumes. I know its silly but I think I can do it cause I love perfumes. I also wanted to start something I can do with my children at my side. The problem is I dont know where to begin...I have an extremly fixed income.And I dont know any wholesale perfume vendors...any suggestions

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It`s a good idea to have a business around something you like and enjoy. So let`s "talk" about customers. Have you defined (profiled) your customer? 
    What factors would make them a good prospect to do business with you?
    What "problem" would you solve for them? 
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Im a stay at home mom whose children are now attending school. and would love to set an example for my children. I have an idea to start a simple business.I want to sell perfumes. I know its silly but I think I can do it cause I love perfumes. I also wanted to start something I can do with my children at my side. The problem is I dont know where to begin...I have an extremly fixed income.And I dont know any wholesale perfume vendors...any suggestions

The first thing you need to do is research your new business venture. Some of the things you may want to include into your research are:
    1. To whom am I going to sell to?
    2. What`s the current trend, what sells and what doesn`t.
    3. What type of perfumes are no longer being made, I know my wife can`t find a perfume called 212 (not the new one, the 2003 version they no longer make it, but she likes it)
    4. How much money do I have saved up to purchase inventory?
    5. Is there a company that drop ships?
    6. Do I want to drop ship?
    7. How am I going to advertise that I am in business?
    8. How do I protect myself?
    9. Do I need a separate bank account for my new business (the answer is yes)
    10. How long before I launch my web site or business will I see my return on investment?
    Once you address these small issues, then you could begin with "what are you going to name your business", registering the domain name, creating a simple web site, create business cards, and brochures, you might want to consider a 10% discount coupon to spark up your business.
    I know there`s another fellow member here that sells perfumes. you might want to get in touch with him.