WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Share your bootstrapping tips

PeterPeter subscriber Posts: 6
edited April 2006 in Startup Funding
There are many great ways to bootstrapping your business.  Please share your experiences on what worked for you!
Let me start by sharing my experience and I will get straight to the point.  When I launched my restaurant with a limited budget for advertising the grand opening. I had a postcard created from a local graphics design for around $100.  The offer was 10% the entire check.  Found a few out-of-state printers that had postcard printing specials for about $350 @ 5000 pieces full color including shipping (you can search online, there are always postcard printing specials).  I went around to all the non-restaurant business, introduced myself and ask if I can leave some postcards on their counter.  Most allow me to do so.
I also advertise with local coupon books and papers.  I received more postcards back during grand opening than the local coupon books and papers.

Comments