WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Navy Seeking Veteran Contractors and Subcontractors

beckfordbeckford subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2008 in Veterans
Hello,
You may have heard already, but if not, the Navy has re-opened its rolling admissions solicitation for IDIQ contractors and subcontractors. Information on the scope, requirements, and the solicitation can be found at: http://www.seaport.navy.mil/index.html

Comments

• Options
    rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    Marsha,

Thanks for the information. If I may add, the whole government acquisition community is making a move towards working more with Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB). The VA actually switched gears a year or two ago making the SDVOSB the 1st set-aside. Meaning contracts were set-aside for only that group to bid once they found that the market could support it. It used to be that 8(a) companies were the 1st in a line of priorities, but SDVOSB is soon to replace them.

I hope this helps!

rajinenterprises1/20/2008 9:52 PM
  • Options
    beckfordbeckford subscriber Posts: 3
    HI,

Yes, I had heard that as well. But I have to say I think they need to do a better job of getting the word out on that fact. It`s coming along slowly, but hopefully the drive will pick up.

Marsha