WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    My husband just told me that whoever the mystery buyer was paid more in shipping than for the product!  They bought like $38 of product and paid $47 shipping.  Something is not normal about that.  We thought it was strange.  Too fun!  
  • Options
    my husband just said he will look up where the order was shipped to.  It was not PA, I know that.  But of course from their end wouldn`t that be a bit obvious?  I will post when I get the info.  he`s cleaning the pool now.  Regular life does go on...
  • Options
    BenihanaBenihana subscriber Posts: 1
    RIGHT ON FEASTER AND POO.(cant remember the poporri thing lol) that does sound strange. I dont have my website yet, but it is in the works. My background (just to fill you in) is with food products, cant list because QVC could be monitoring this board, it is possible that if there is any communication about any finalists on here, that they may disqualify that finalist(s). Anyhow we placed very high(in top 5) in the world 2 years in a row in our field. Told this to the judge, had  a long demo, she tasted our product and lit up. We were one of her last appts for the day. We can all ponder, but FEASTER is right unitl we know we dont! I also have a new business in the works right now. I have already registered the domain name  so I can tell you that . its called On Call Chefs.com. You can probably figure out what it is about, but the idea will blow your minds away! I have done a poor mans patent on it and going through the right channels for my patent, looking for investors etc. GOD I WISH I HAD THIS WHEN I WENT TO MY DEMO AT OPRAH/QVC. Anyhow know any investors that want to change peoples lives as we know it for the better?
    Remember what Donny Deutsch said"If you can come up with an idea that will change lives as we know it for the better, then you will be incredibly successful!  
  • Options
    the order was sent to Florida on March 27th.  Who knows...maybe they REALLY needed Poo~Pourri quickly!  We have a fulfillment company but we get notices of the orders daily and when we saw it we were laughing.  Why would someone pay that in shipping when regular was free and it would get there in 3-4 days?  Its all so exciting.  Oncallchefs...wow I need one here.  Can they cook only vegetarian?  I am one of "those".  I want to taste the product that lights up my face also...as long as its not meat because I can`t imagine it doing that...for me at least. 
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Go Benihana! 
    The website will be a plus.  Let me know when you`re ready to start seeding the search engines.  I have some tips.
    Changing lives is why we`re in it.  When we were picking domain names, I couldn`t believe the lastingweightloss.com was just sitting out there unclaimed.  Says a lot about the weight loss industry.  I`ve learned that most programs make their living selling the idea of weight loss, and hence they thrive in business when the long-term success rate is so terribly low.  People have been trained to accept the blame for their failure.  Kind of a metaphor for life maybe.
    Anyway, we`re out to change the world, too.FEASTer2007-4-21 13:20:2
  • Options
    CharacterBearCharacterBear subscriber Posts: 0
    I am new to this (as of today) and was really interested in these posts.  My 2 cents - don`t believe everything you hear or read.  Stay optomistic.  And know too, that only 10 people are getting picked for Oprah.  That does not mean everyone else`s products are not as good.  They are looking for certain things and who knows what those things are.  I am sure there will be thousands of wonderful products that were over looked, but I am sure will still be very successful.  This of course would be the "dream come true" to get on Oprah, but there are many other dreams to pursue.  So don`t give up.
    I have some experience in knowing how these things work.  Last year I was on the American Inventor show.  I was called in later than others.  Many were contacted before me.  If I had listened to others that said they had already been called and the show was now down to the final number, I would have been even more surprised when I got the call and made it as far as the final 24.  And since then, there has been so much speculation - many things not even close to the truth.  Again, my advice is to stay positive and optomistic.  It`s not over until the show tapes.
  • Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    I just wanted to add I took a look at qvc website and it was very clear saying if you were to be considered for the next level you would be contacted on or about the 27th.....so I`m back to the waiting....6 more daysJanedoe2007-4-21 15:46:52
  • Options
    mompreneurmompreneur subscriber Posts: 1
    This posting is starting to get humorous.....
     mompreneur2007-4-22 22:24:8
  • Options
    Character Bear - I totally remember you from the American Inventor show!  Even though you didn`t make it all the way - did it help your business?  Maybe it`s better not to win a show like that because from what I`ve read - they own you.
  • Options
    CharacterBearCharacterBear subscriber Posts: 0
    I would have loved to win the million dollars, that is for sure!   I received hundereds of e mails and orders because of the show and now have my bears all accross the country.   But it`s up to me to make it continue to happen.  Bringing a product to market is tough, but like everyone, I am working hard to make it even bigger. 
  • Options
    That`s great Joan! 
    I assume you were not eligible to audition for this show?  But from your site, it looks like you have a great start. 
  • Options
    I have a question - who does the voting during the show?  I assume it`s just the studio audience but I could swear I read somewhere that the viewers were going to have the opportunity to vote.
  • Options
    Disregard - found my own answer..
    On or around May 2007, the Finalists shall appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" (the "Show") to provide a brief synopsis of their Product and display it for the studio audience. At the end of the Show, the audience members in attendance shall be given the opportunity to vote for one of the Finalists` Products based on the following criteria: (i) the creative and unique nature of the Product, (ii) the demonstrative value of the Product, and (iii) the entrepreneurial spirit of the Product. In the event of a tie during any stage of the Contest, the entrant whose Product has the higher score in the "creative and unique nature of the Product" criteria will be awarded priority. The Finalist who receives the most votes from the studio audience shall be announced at the end of the Show and the decisions of the Sponsors and judges will be final and binding on all matters.
  • Options
    NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
    Hey all...
    I want to clarify that I was not intending to make anyone crazy with my post but to let you all know what I found out. It was also kind of like Bear`s post in saying those not selected for the show can still move forward with them and have just as great an experience. There are also other ways to get to Oprah so this is not the end-game opportunity. I didn`t mean to rile anyone but I thought was trying to help by sharing. That being said I would love to learn I have been misinformed. I agree that things can change at a moment`s notice too so who knows...
  • Options
    Netmom - I appreciate your post - I`m just dying to know how you got the inside scoop!!!
    I think that QVC will take quite a few of the products presented.