WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    mompreneurmompreneur subscriber Posts: 1
    Question - on another site - someone wrote about getting a form at the show?!?!mompreneur2007-4-22 22:26:57
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Nope, why... did you??? 
  • Options
    mompreneurmompreneur subscriber Posts: 1
    I saw a few receive them.mompreneur2007-4-22 22:26:21
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Oh my gosh..I can`t take this suspense!!!
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Oh no, something else to worry about!  Not only didn`t we get a password, our judge really worked hard to make sure we couldn`t see what she was writing on our folder. 
  • Options
    justjoyjustjoy subscriber Posts: 0
    Ok everyone just breathe. : )Remember, they are only picking ten and if we don`t get chosen this time around (which is totally not a possiblity ; ), there will be a multitude of other opportunities.Heck, the Oprah thing was my 3rd shot a QVC. I actually got to talking to a woman at the search, she told us this story... She had a friend or a friend of a friend, I can`t remember .She had gone to a number of QVC searches for the "next whatever" with her "big idea".Anyway, Somehow, after a number of attempts (I don`t want to say failures) she got the number of one of the buyers and started calling the buyer relentlessly.She was so persistent in her calls, the buyer asked her manager to help. The manager got on the phone and requested she "please stop calling".So guess what she did? She pitched the manager and her idea was sold! She got her product on the air and she has been on air more than once! So, I don`t know why I told that story, I am not really a story teller, but it just makes me smile when I think about how passionate people are about their ideas and stuff! I love that everyone here is going for a dream. And you all are making me laugh just a little.
  • Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    For some reason that dosen`t sound right. Why would they hand out that information regarding vendor log if they told told us they would let us all know on the 27th of April one way or another.
    I know once your approved for QVC, you then get a password to log in as a vendor.
    Best, Marvin

• Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    I am buying my charm form China and had pretty good luck.  They turned them around very quick.  Took 2 weeks from order to receipt!  Problem was the size was off on them a bit.  But overall for the price difference, we will use them again.  70 cents wholesale in US and 6 cents in China!  Can`t beat it!  Suzywww.poopourri.net
  • Options
    no i can`t just trying to keep busy marketing.  Funny how mind thinks this is the only opportunity out there when I focus on it so much!  suzy www.poopourri.net 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to get a product submitted to Rachel Ray...or The View with Rosie?  thanks for the help!  Suzy www.poopourri.net 
  • Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Poopourri
    Here`s a link for what Rachel Ray`s show is looking for:http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=be-on-the-show</A>
    Best, Marvin
  • Options

Not too long ago, a wonderful mentor of mine spoke these words to me ...
    Hearing lots of "no`s" is good.  You get stronger with each one.  And for every "no" you hear, just remember that you`re that much closer to "yes". 

Mary Kay,
    My version of that is that life only has so many "No"s.  When they are used up, that`s it.  Everything that follows has to be "Yes".  So the more "No"s and the faster they come, the better. 

• Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi All:
    I got tickets to Rachael Ray and The View.  I brought my product www.lesmess.com</A>  and gave them to their assistants.  I haven`t heard anything yet.  
  • Options

FEASTer,
    My kids would like your quote better .. it`s quicker to "yes"!

Thanks.
  • Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone,
    I have been sitting on the sidelines reading this thread and figured I should speak up and say hello. I have to say you all are wonderful people and don`t give up! All your products sound great! I think we all have an equal chance.
    I went to the PA judging. Last time slot of the day. I had done this only once before (different company) and was just floored at the amount of people there. I honestly felt I had no chance with seeing all the people walking in. I had the impression they were only seeing 4 people per hour? Did anyone feel the same way? I almost drove back to the airport because I felt like it was hopeless. But I decided that I would at least go in for the experience and maybe I would have a better chance next time. (I felt really unprepared since I only had 2 days notice for this.)
    I found out about the actual contest on the Tuesday night before it was suppose to happen. I wanted to submit my product for the show for Oprah in 2003 but my product wasn`t ready. So when I found out about it my whole life stopped for 2 days to do this. It was quite an experience.
    Anyway, my judge was very nice and asked lots of questions. He asked to keep some materials/information I brought so I guess that was a good sign. I have heard nothing from QVC but any information they needed would be on my products website. I had brought my product so he was able to inspect it and the whole time we talked he was very positive. He was a possible customer too and could use my product so that was a plus.
    I am sorry to be so confidential about my product but my reasons are complicated. I have a patent and have been selling my product since 2002.My product is currently made in China and is ready to roll if I won and I made this clear to them.( I am very concerned of another company at this point copying my product so I have to be discreet.)
    It has been a long 5 years and we have put everything into making this happen.We have lost lots of family and friends because so much time, money, and sacrificing has happened. People usually stop contacting you when your so busy all the time.( We still work full time jobs and do this after work.)
    When I hear people talk about wanting to invent a product and start a business I really try to stress with them how much time and money it takes.I can`t understand why people think it is so easy???
    I have tons of experience and can help answer questions if anyone needs advice.
    Just like all of you I am anxiously waiting.........one more week......good luck to everyone!