WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    mompreneurmompreneur subscriber Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard anything from QVC?

• Options
    WorkinmomWorkinmom subscriber Posts: 0
    Not yet!  My motto right now is "no news is good news!"    Cheers, Leslie #3 (aka Workinmom)
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    I really believe we will all hear around the 27th...which means only 11 more sleeps...LOL 
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Chris, don`t give up! 
    The more I`ve studied QVC the more I`m convinced that the finalists will be notified at roughly the same time everyone is notified, even with the narrow window for the May show.  They do this all the time, so it`s no big thing for them.  Ten or so finalists will be picked, if some of them can`t deliver, then the show goes on with seven or four or whatever. 
    If that`s correct, no news at this point really is good news.
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Mary Kay, you can`t say something like that and have us not read into it... What do you know!?! Spill it!   Nope, I haven`t heard either.  Chris, how bad was it??!!  I`ve seen some of the pics of the NorEaster and it doesn`t look pretty
    Grannymiami, welcome!  Did you find the info you need?  You can PM me or Jeannie I`m sure and we can help.  Or maybe start a new thread about Freight forwarding, Customs Brokerage etc... I`d be glad to give you some contacts.
    11 more sleeps!
  • Options
    grannymiamigrannymiami subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi again , I am not sure what we need... but the people we have spoken to  represent themselves as all services in one. The state they will handle everything from finding a factory to customs issues until it arrives in California. Since there minimum order is 10,000, It just makes us nervous. If anyone has any advice on checking out these sorts of companies we would be very grateful.  We have also received quotes from several factories in China and when we compare the price it is about double when we receive quotes from the agents here.  Are the customs fees and freight that expensive. Help Please, Miami
  • Options
    The TRUTH this time, Mary Kay.  I haven`t been notified either, wink wink.
    Chris, how bad is the flooding?  Did you have to man the pumps? 
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    No fair!!!  No more wink wink!!  I MUST KNOW!!! 
    Grannymiami,  How are they moving your freight?  Will it be enough for a 20`, 40 container or LCL.  You need to ask exactly what your quote includes.  Is it Door to Port, Door to Door, DDP etc... Ask your people what the terms are and that will tell you tons.  Email me what they say and I can interpret for you.
  • Options
    yikes - I can`t stand it.mompreneur2007-4-22 22:29:21
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    I`ve been MIA from this post lately, but thought I`d chime in to say...
    QVC has not contacted me!!! LOL...like Chris, I really don`t expect to hear good news. You never know...but I really don`t think so.
    I`m busy trying to source my product here (US) as well, since my minimums are crazy high! There are so many items in the kit, it`s kind of slow going, getting all these quotes from different sources. Oh well - I`ll keep chugging along. I`ve got a ton of wholesale orders for my shoes right now, so I`m a little nuts on that end too. Not complaining though ;0)
    Chris, I`m so sorry to hear that you had flood damage! Glad nothing too valuable was lost. I`m in NJ, and the rain was pretty bad. Alot of people lost power, but we were fortunate. Our back yard looked like a lake though!

• Options
    We understand, Mary Kay.  Better not say any more. 
    Chris, yeah, I know floods.  Our basement flooded three times in ten months, taking a bunch of records and material with it.  My wife and I considered getting into the water damage mitigation business with all of our experience.  Finally a new super deep sump with pumps that would raise the Titanic took care of things.  Three 100 year rains in less than a year.  Oh boy.
  • Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    I won`t tell. Can`t make me talk. I`m like the prisoner that you could never beat it out of. Ok, i`ll give, no contact yet.
    Best,Marvin
  • Options
    Good luck with that too, Greg!  Could be a double winner.
  • Options
    10 sleeps - we`re counting on 2 hands now!!
  • Options
    10 sleeps - we`re counting on 2 hands now!!
    That`s good news.  I can put my shoes back on finally.