WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Growing our business through videos

barrelbeanbarrelbean subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2007 in Sales
We would like your input to a potential video series on womens self-defense we are thinking of producing.   I`m asking this group because most, I`m assuming, have not had years of martial arts training.  I would like an outside view.  The videos will be geared towards non-martial artists with very real easy to use/understand applicable content.  The videos will not focus solely on how to get out of a choke hold (typical in the martial arts industry), but also more about knowledge and awareness so you can prevent yourself from getting into those situations.  Please understand that the videos will be not people jumping around screaming telling you to gouge someones eyes out.  The questions I would like your input on are:What would you want out of a self-defense video, if you were to purchase one?What situations would be the scariest to be in?  On the ground while the attacker is on top, being carried somewhere, someone trying to take your car?  This is a very open question.  I want to make sure we are getting this right from a non-martial artist point of view.  Please if you have anything to add, feel free.Thank you all in advance!Travis Schefcik

Comments

• Options
    ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    I`m not a woman but I think the following help:- knowing what to do when grabbed from behind- defending yourself when you`re with your kids- what posture or "look" can you have to scare off potential predators/criminals- how to immobilize someone quickly so that you could get away as fast as possible..a 1-2 combo that will surprise them and buy you timeI assume when you say video, you mean DVD? Also, having a code with purchase of the DVD so that one can watch this online would be nice - continual reinforcement.
  • Options
    barrelbeanbarrelbean subscriber Posts: 2
    It`s been a while since I posted last, I had to travel cross country.  Craig, I currently offer women`s self defense, and other martial arts.  I really have a gut feeling that doing these women`s self defense videos would be a very gratifying experience.  It has both, what I love to do, and it really helps someone during a time when they have no one to help them.  I just want to get it right.  Ms. Jackson, thank you for your input, that is exactly what we cover in our classes now and will continue to focus on.  Defending yourself while you have your kids with you is an absolutely great idea.   The streaming or downloadable  video is another great idea.Thank you again, this is exactly the input we are looking for.  Travis SchefcikSpartan Mixed Martial Arts
  • Options
    drvagdrvag subscriber Posts: 5
    Sensei Travis.  I`m not positive, so somebody here may know more, but I seem to recall reading or hearing that How-to-videos are hard to sell and do not do very well.  Or maybe they "can" do well, but depends on what the "how-to" is.  Again, can`t recall.
    There are several/many martial arts work out videos out there.  Wonder how well they do?