WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Automotive Dealer - How would you market it?

mentaomentao subscriber Posts: 3
edited June 2007 in Public Relations
I have about 7 months that I opened a Used Automotive Dealership and I haven`t advertised it one bit yet.   If you were to own a dealership in a rural community, what would you do first? Thanks in advance    

Comments

• Options
    PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Mentao,
    You could also get a publicity campaign going and come up with a newsworthy story idea or event centering around your car sales.
     Once you think of something interesting, call the local radio and television stations and pitch your story. If you can get the press to promote your sales, you`ll save a lot on advertising.
    Melanie
  • Options
    happy2bemehappy2beme subscriber Posts: 6
    We have a used car lot. I agree with Craig L, financing is a very nice benefit. See if you can hook up with a local bank and possibly offer No payment & No interest for the first 90 days. We`ve done alot in the way of special deals with local lenders.
    Another recommendation would be to see if the bank will co market with you on a special promo for their customers. We`ve done this sucessfully. Make it easy for them, come in with a flyer or postcard layout highlighting that because they are a customer of First National, they will receive a free 90 day warranty on any used car purchase at your place. This makes the lender look good and you benefit from their customer base!
    Good Luck to you and remember in this business your best advertisment, is a pleased customer. You could aslo do what we do is offer a $100.00 referal fee. Bring in a friend for $100.00!