WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Making money selling domain names??

TGotTGot subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Selecting a Business
I was curious, I know you can buy and sell domain names on certain sites; how may one go about this in a way to a make a reasonable income?
I'm a college student planning to work 15 credit hours fall semester. I wont have much time to work anywhere else other than home. How can you implement an effective strategy in buying domains? Is ".com" always the most appropriate domain suffix, or does .uk and ones such as that bring positive returns too?
Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Tyler

Comments

• Options
    davidcamerondavidcameron subscriber Posts: 0
    The best idea would be to ask your colleagues if they want to get involved in this because you need to buy a lot of domain names and you need a lot of money for that. Since you are a student I guess you won`t have enough money and you could use some help even from students learning at online college, after that you can be lucky and find people that would like to buy a domain name from you. If they come with a decent proposal raise the price because for sure they would give any amount of money you will want.