WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to earn enough money for retail space @18 years old?

youngvaperyoungvaper subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Startup Funding
Hello all, I'm pretty new to the scene but I've known I want to open my own business for awhile now. I even know what kind of business I want to open, but the biggest problem I encountered is money, or lack thereof.

I really want to open a vaporizer store for e-cigarettes and other vaporizers. My plan is to rent a nice retail space which is somewhat spacious and put a bar in there, kind of like a hookah bar but for vapor enthusiasts.

I am seriously lacking in capital right now. In fact, I don't even own a car. So we're talking the substantial future here, but I still need a game plan If I plan on opening this vapor bar by the time I'm 21(preferably 20).

I would need several hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to invest in the vaporizers themselves, not to mention furnishing the retail space and paying rent for it every month, which will easily be over $1,000 anywhere I look.

So, best case scenario, I'm looking at about $10,000 here. $6,000-$8,000 dollars for rent (which would only get me a couple months), and the rest for the vaporizers and furniture.

Right now, I have about 500 dollars, which I'm currently saving for a car anyways. So how on earth will I achieve my goal? Help please!