WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Navigating Through the SEO Jungle

WyldbluWyldblu subscriber Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in Marketing
Are there any useful guides or tutorials, that take a total layperson through the electronic jungle that is SEO? Our little startup cannot afford $500 per month and we have to do a lot on our own. We need HELP! When I read some of the articles regarding this online, I start to feel like a deer stuck in the headlights, staring at the words over and over like I am reading a different language. At this point we are even willing to barter! Anyone???

Thanks!
Paula de Vos
www.DeZignThis.com

Comments

• Options
    AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    Have you read any blogs on this topic?
  • Options
    WayneLiewWayneLiew subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Paula, I hope you have read The Beginner's Guide to SEO by Moz. It is written in plain English as compared to many guides out there.

Also, are you or anybody on your team a technical person (techie or into tech)?

SEO takes time and it will usually take 3 to 6 months for you to see the impact. It can be even longer if your website is new. Thus, I recommend that you should place SEO as an ongoing effort rather than something to focus on to grow a marketplace like yours.

If you are interested, I can do an SEO audit for your website and provide a to-do list that you or your team members can start working on for a one time fee.

Send me a message,
    Wayne