WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Find advisors or a start-up incubator?

wojtekwojtek subscriber Posts: 2
Hi guys.

What is the quickest way to find a good advisor and where do I look?
Should I apply for a start-up incubator programme or should I go with finding advisors on my own?

I decided to go through the book “Running lean” and doing exactly what Ash Maurya says.
I have finished the first sketch of the “Lean canvas”, I have three of them. The next step it to consult with my advisors. The problem is I do not have any. I thought about my friends, and will definitely consult with them. Unfortunately it does not look like they have the required experience in the field where I want to do business, nor the contacts.

A bit of context: my startup is in fin-tech area. I have a lot of experience in software development. I live in London. I need to keep my day job for now. I might have couple of months off next year. I can do a bit of work on the weekends and after work. I cannot commit full time yet unfortunately. Signing up for a startup incubator programme is not an option in this case, is it?

Thanks,
Wojtek.