Retial business taking products wholesale

RambergRamberg Posts: 1subscriber
edited June 2014 in Business Planning
I'm working with a company that has a significant retail operation going right now.  They want to start offering their products to other retail locations and transition to a wholesale structure.  Eventually being 90% wholesale and 10% retail.

Does anyone have any books/literature/courses they can recommend reading to help with the transition?

Thanks for the help Startupnation!!

Comments

• HSCCHSCC Posts: 0subscriber
    I have end-to-end experience: design-manufacturing-wholesale/distribution-retail. No literature to suggest, just some first-hand knowledge.

Several factors should guide this discussion:
    - # locations/facilities in an area
    - # retail clients both current and potential
    - manufacturer / primary wholesale vendor relationships
    - shipping / transportation logistics
    - cash flow: retail vs. wholesale cash flow can be worlds apart: warehouse, stock inventory, high volume vs. high profit, payment terms for Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable, etc.

At the very least, I suggest exploring Private Label branding for products sold either in-house or to downstream retail clients.

Whether you are a manufacturer or primary distributor, please take a look at my business - HSCC. We are a contract manufacturer based in South China serving global clients in manufacturing, design and supply chain for over 10 years.

Our website
    www.hschinaconnect.com

Or give us a call
    Hong Kong: +852 35893005
    Guangdong: +86-13822472359

U.S.: +1 941.266.7819

Or send an email: [email protected]