WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Acquiring Sponsorships, Should I Hire Someone

bgrovesbgroves subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Business Planning
I am partnered with a company in California who prepared a stunt/ride for a popular MTV television show. (I live in Kansas City.) Due to the overwhelming public response we decided to offer it to the public by putting this ride in festivals and events. This is now my project with the owner of the California company giving me the tools I need to get the job done. This past weekend we did a test with the public in a festival in southern California. It was successful and as we thought, generated a lot of interest. We need to think about sponsorship now and we have some package deals to offer potential sponsors. We are offering unbelievable packages for costs as low as $500. I`m doing fine with all other aspects of the business except for this. I`ve never approached sponsors before. I think I have a great hook with "As Seen On MTV" and the initial low advertising cost. Would I be better off hiring someone with sales experience to contact the sponsors or should I do it myself since I know the business the best?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.