WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Substantial Capital Investments

MikeCharlesMikeCharles subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in Startup Funding
Greetings,

I own a prestigeous start up in the rapid growing Digital Out-of-Home Advertising industry that sell ad slots on an innovative new type of digital outdoor media platform. We have a patent pending on a new system and method for advertising. Our mission is to systematically level the playing field for affordable outdoor advertising between small, medium and large businesses. I have already invested 20k into a minimum viable product (MVP), whereby advertisers will upload, self-manage and feature their own campaigns in one stop shop fashion via our sophisticated web portal. 

My question/inquiry is regarding securing a substantial amount of capital for a "start up." What is the maximum amount I can require from an interested Angel or VC without turning them off? There is significant value in my business and the numbers justify it. Our business model includes a pricing strategy that will yeild a premium on our digital displays by virtue of a counter intuitive method of maximizing profit. We are seeking 20+ million, which will include my own personal investment of 150k. The funds will be used for purchasing digital display inventory/assets, employee compensation, marketing & promotion and operating expenses.

I would appreciate informed and professional opinions and suggestions, as well as serious inquiries. 

Kind regards,

M-C

"The man who stops advertising to save money is the man who stops the clock to save time" ~ Henry Ford