WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help setting prices and contacting retailers!

ShrinkinsShrinkins subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2011 in Sales
I need your help. I need to get retailers for my new product, Shrinkins The Healing Art. www.shrinkins.com
I think my product can be retailed by Hospital Gift Shops, Physical Therapy Centers, Orthopedic Doctors Offices, Pharmacies, and Medical Supply Companies. I am all set up with a website and Inventory. I can Drop ship or wholesale Inventory. I am ready to sell to them, but I want to do it right.
1.) How do I know how much to wholesale my product for? Is there a certain markup that is used? My product costs about $3 packaged. It is retailed at $19.99. How much should I wholesale it for and what qty should I require? I'm assuming if I drop ship the product those retailers should profit less than the ones that buy the inventory. Is their a percentage that is normally used for markup for retailers drop shipping vs. retailers buying it wholesale?
2.) Is there a sample letter on what to say when you contact potential retailers via email or a sample of what to say on the phone to get them to consider selling/offering your product?
I really need your opinions or links to articles for help. I have great product but am stalling because of lack of knowledge in this area. Thank you SO much. Tracie