WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Help with my retail boutique!

lissa23lissa23 subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone!
This is my FIRST post and i`m happy to have found this community. I`ve read a lot of posts here and everything looks really informative. I have started a business online a few years back which sold custom jewelry and what not and it did pretty decent. I was in high school when I decided to build something like that. Now I have just finished my first year of correspondence university and would like to open a retail boutique. This is something that I have a strong passion for - I wouldn`t complain about staying in the store all day. However, all of my previous ventures were mostly online. How do I even begin to start thinking of how to get the plan off the ground and get funding for it? I have looked into Grants and what not and I just want to be over prepared for anything rather than under.
Any insight from anyone who`s started a retail store would help.
Thanks!!