WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Critique, Please.

PODDproPODDpro subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique
Hi,
This is a junk collecting business that I came up with.
Please let me know what you think. 

www.Junkpodd.com

I did design everything on the site myself and I need help on just about everything.
My goal is to convey an easy way to contact me for my service as well as a platform for
marketing to possible affiliate companies/people 

Any criticism is what I am looking for to improve the site...
Thanks.

PODDpro3/2/2009 4:23 AM

Comments

• Options
    banzaibertbanzaibert subscriber Posts: 0
    What you are selling is very clear. You just need more info about your company, Put a little bit of nice graphics on your site so it`ll be attractive.
  • Options
    stevewyrostekstevewyrostek subscriber Posts: 0

Hi-

You may want to consider the following:

- The title on the right side of the pages may be redundant.

- The fact that they`re on the right side of the page might be disconcerting to some, since we read left to right

- Maintaining the same font all the way through- either Arial or Verdana works best for computer screens

- The green, orange and black bolded and large and small font might appear amateurish. You may want to consider toning it down

- Print readers read and web readers scan so sentences and paragraphs work best when they`re short. 3 to 5 sentences per paragraph, 5 to 15 words per sentence.

- Have a call to action on each page

- You may want to consider moving the pricing guide up and have short bursts of text to the left of it

- There may be too much white space on the pricing page

Anyway- those are some of my thoughts- I hope you find them helpful.

Steve Wyrostek

No Cliche Copy

Internet Writing for Business People by Business People

<a rel="nofollow" href="mailto:steve@noclichecopy.com">