WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New to the site

jellynmousejellynmouse subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Selecting a Business
Hi,

I would love to start my own business or an at home business. I have little money ($3000) to start, but have great ambition. I have a few ideas if there is anyone I can bounce them off of?

Thank you for your time everyone!

Comments

• Options
    LtresselLtressel subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Jellynmouse,
    Welcome to the Forum.  PM me if you`d like to talk about some of it.  I`m willing to listen and help you brainstorm. 
    LT
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for writing me. I currently do Foster care, and love the freedome I have and the ability to stay at home with my own kids. However, I am thinking of quitting, and would need to do something else.

I was considering an errand business (going to DMV,shopping, helping plan parties.... for others). Or, my husband is a great handy man, so I thought maybe utilizing him for something. Also, maybe selling organic products for those growing their own fruits, veggies....

Do any of those sound good?
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi jellynmouse ,
    Welcome to SUN! If you are going down the road of starting a business, it should be something that you are passionate about and something that is viable. I would definately sit down and brainstorm with your husband since you mentioned he may be a part of the plan. Discuss your strengths and weakness`s and then make a decision on what would fit with your lifestyle and achieve the results of your life plan.

Erin
  • Options
    Thank you for the great advice. I am passionate about a few different things, so it may be hard to pin point one area lol. Do you run a business?
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Jellynmouse, you`ve got some really great advice already!  Very best of luck and keep up posted!

(I just wanted to say welcome to the board... Erin, CraigL and Scott gave a great start)

I can`t wait to hear more about your new venture.
  • Options
    WOW, thank you all for your wonderful support. I can tell you truly care about the people on this site. Well we did one thing, my husband was talking with a friend of his, and next thing I know, he`s telling me he just enrolled us in a business. I guess it`s an on line ordering type. If you want to check out our site, it`s www.itvventures.com/scooby. I was a little upset he did it without talking with me, but here we go, so I pray it all works out!

My passion really is for counseling. I have always been one of those people all my friends turn to for advice, and I love it!! I have spent most of my teens and adult life helping others, whether it be with marriages, kids, depression.... they just seem to flock to me! That is my first true love. Not sure there is anything I can on line or at home with that. And I have no degree, just passion!

My second is for anything organic. I wanted to look into doing something on line with hydroponics (for farmers and ranchers..). A friend of a friends opened a store a while back and had a huge success with it. any advice?

Thank you to all of you and have a great rest of the week!

jellynmouse11/27/2007 11:04 PM
  • Options
    Oh forgot to ask. Can we share our business ventures on here? If so, I would love to hear what others are doing
    jellynmouse11/27/2007 11:06 PM