WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Cell Phone Kiosk

cellsitecellsite subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Business Planning
I am looking to get an honest answer about leasing out a kiosk or RMU in a mall. I know rates vary greatly by area, but I contacted a local mall by me and they want to charge me $2600 for a kiosk to carry Alltel service along with accessories. The going rate for a regular RMU is about $800.
Is this a bit too much for a kiosk (10x10)? I currently have an inline store in a plaza and am thinking about moving into a mall because of traffic numbers. I don`t want to take that kind of risk if the rent is that high.
Please help?

Comments

• Options
    Wirehead321Wirehead321 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I just been to your website it looks good. The first is how are you paying for rent now plus overhead like employees, inventory, monthy expenses and such. What is your average sale does it pay the bills. Also how long have  you been in business? Will leaving one place really be better. Here something you might consider. Do you get a monthy commision from Altell on your sales if not you should sign up other companys that do this way you will get revenue from sales as long as the customers keeps the service. I work with several companies online that does that. Make that a selling point at your store and make sure if you haven`t tell all of your customers that they can shop you online. In your kisko have a computer with your online store so your customers can order while you are serving another customer. This could increase sales while giving a great service for your customers.