WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Building/Running a website on a Mac?

TejasTejas subscriber Posts: 2
I`ve been investigating putting up a website, and there are lots of nifty tools out there to help you do it. Wordpress and Wordpress themes look like a very attractive way to approach a simple news/blog type of website.My question is, which of these tools work in a Macintosh environment, and do any of you have experience putting up a website and running it from a Mac? I`ve read that iWeb is not ready for primetime if you plan to build a site outside the .Mac environment. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Tejas,
    If you are going to use Word-press to build your web site, I`m assuming that you will be hosting it on a web server, unless you have your own server at home. Since you`re going to be using word-press and WordPress is installed on the web server since you need a database and php. You don`t have to worry about whether you can run it on a mac or PC since you will be working via the web browser instead of your local machine.
    Now if you were a developer / Designer, then you would need different tools such as Dreamweaver CS3 for MAC, and a Local Host in oder for you to develop on a Mac.
    I hope this helps and that it was clear enough.