WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Tip for dramatically increasing your web traffic

tedATintermztedATintermz subscriber Posts: 7
edited May 2008 in Marketing
Hi SUNers,
I wanted to share this tip because it just worked wonders for me: On a single day, I increased my website visits (by different people) from ~5 to 350.
The method is simple: Create value somewhere other than your own website and tie that value to additional/related value on your website.
Here`s what I did.
I wrote an www.intermz.com, which is a Wikipedia-like reference that focuses on the apparent links between different things - and includes an article about the relationship between programming and musical composition.
The editorial received a huge a response from www.sqlservercentral.com`s large user base, which, in turn, drove traffic to my site.
If you can do this on a consistent basis, you can leverage the user-bases of other sites for your own, while providing them with useful and valuable content.
Of course, the trick is to consistently provide useful and valuable content!
If you decide to use this technique (or already are), please post your stories!
All the best,

Comments