WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Pitching to potential investors

nyugirl2005nyugirl2005 subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2011 in Startup Funding
Hi everyone,

A few friends and I sat down at red robin a few weeks ago and it dawned on us to start our own business. We're not uber smart like Mark Zuckerberg but we had an idea on how to combine social media with traditional marketing.

One of our needs is to find an app developer. The app developer is a major part of what we're trying to achieve so bringing someone in in imperative. MY question is, since funding is pretty non-existent right now, when we pitch to investors do we say: "Our business model also includes app" or is that something we add on later when we can actually PAY someone to do it?

Any takers?

Comments

• Options
    JeremyKJeremyK subscriber Posts: 0
    I had something like 100 negotiations with equity funds and I invested inf several projects too. Idea is the least important part of the startup - the most important thing are the team, the infrastructure, the drive and motivation and the market opportunities.
  • Options
    daveb1daveb1 subscriber Posts: 1
    you need to show in your biz plan that there is demand and that demand will rise , along with projected rate of returns

btw, mark zuckerberg is not smart at all. he stole ideas from others. thats just opinion, of course