WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is there anyone making GPT work for them at home?

WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2008 in Home-Based Businesses
i am interested in knowing if anyone is making GPT work for them as a "business".  i put business in quotations because many do not consider paid online surveys as a business.  you trade hours for dollars and it is not much different from a job right?

many often overlook the referral aspect of it.  for example, in my personal situation i used to make 200-300 per month doing surveys and focus groups. however, through referrals i am up to $1,500 per month at least.  this number is still growing and ive only been doing it for 6 months.

i didnt consider this a business at first but now i do. why? because i market my referral links and promote them with the same strategies any business would use to promote their product. i speak with referrals all the time (i.e. just like customer service).  so there are a lot of parallels. however many still dont consider this a business. oh well..

i am only curious if this is working for others.  if so how are you making it work for you? how is the progress coming along? any suggestions for the community?

good luck to everyone

www.easyextramoneyonline.com

WebJunky10/8/2008 7:25 PM

Comments

• Options
    coredevcoredev subscriber Posts: 2
    WOW
    Can I get you to signup with my GPT company and promote it?  I have a 15% referral system which is a lot more than  what others pay.
    Let me know if your interested
  • Options
    coredev,

how long have you been in business? can you send us a link to your gpt company?  i do have a strong downline, however as you might know most are comfortable with the handful of sites that are currently paying them well.  that said it is definitely possible to introduce a new player into the mix. i will have to personally spend some time on your network and test the system before i advocate it to my subscribers.  i am definitely open to trying it out first hand.

thanks
  • Options
    raw280raw280 subscriber Posts: 0
    I would like to consider this type of business for some family members, but they never seems to be legit or you never get finish with the pop-ups with the applications.  How do you consider which is legit? 

i am interested in knowing if anyone is making GPT work for them as a "business".  i put business in quotations because many do not consider paid online surveys as a business.  you trade hours for dollars and it is not much different from a job right? many often overlook the referral aspect of it.  for example, in my personal situation i used to make 200-300 per month doing surveys and focus groups. however, through referrals i am up to $1,500 per month at least.  this number is still growing and ive only been doing it for 6 months. i didnt consider this a business at first but now i do. why? because i market my referral links and promote them with the same strategies any business would use to promote their product. i speak with referrals all the time (i.e. just like customer service).  so there are a lot of parallels. however many still dont consider this a business. oh well.. i am only curious if this is working for others.  if so how are you making it work for you? how is the progress coming along? any suggestions for the community? good luck to everyonewww.easyextramoneyonline.com 
  • Options
    WayneLiewWayneLiew subscriber Posts: 3
    Get paid to services can become a business model or some sort, if only they are being run in the method that you have specified - making money using the referral system. However, there are a lot of scam sites out there preventing people from believing this programs.
    A business idea for you, if you have been making a lot of money off these programs and you are actually paid for your efforts, you can always start a blog on this and place yourself as an authority. Recommend legit sites and warn people off scam sites. With such a site, I can see you building a large base of referrals in no time.
  • Options
    raw20,

regarding your concern about pop ups, etc. you are right many companies will try to get you to keep filling out forms even when you are done with the paid action part. the key is knowing how to identify when to stop.  i have summarized this in detail on my website.  go to www.easyextramoneyonline.com then scroll all the way to the bottom and read the special review on cashcrate.

regarding your second point of legitimacy - you are right there are many bad apples in this business. i have been doing this for a while now and my job is mainly to weed out the scammers and only provide the cream to my subscribership base.

let me know if you have more questions or need help - good luck