WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Huge sponsorship opportunity but how do I pitch a fee??

makka08makka08 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Marketing
Hi all! I`m new here so if I`m in the wrong place please let me know.

I have a very nice but confusing problem.

I`m a Horse racing photographer and it has been getting increasingly expensive to travel to all the events that I cover. I thought I`d test the water with regard to sponsorship. I offered advertising space on the back of my vest and coat, intending to sell space to smaller businesses in the Horse world.

I had a few interested parties but then received a request from the UK`s biggest horse feed suppliers for exclusive advertising and also to sponsor me for the entire year.

Basically I would be wearing their own branded jackets and other apparel whilst working throughout my regular season of around 25-30 main events (Derby, Grand National etc) and they would also require me to attend their own events - presumably ones they sponsor.

They have asked me for a figure, which is a nice headache to have, but still a headache. I have no idea what kind of figure to come with!

What they get is: exposure to a potential 1 million people (probably more). I wear their branded clothing, rights to all photos taken for their own advertising (although I retain copyright) and now extra events of their choosing.

I don`t want to risk losing this opportunity by pricing myself out of the market but I also want to get a fair deal. Anyone have any ideas how I should pitch this??

Kind regards
Steve
makka089/29/2008 11:39 AM