WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Launching new startup called VendorCity

Hello everyone,
I am new to these forums but am looking to start sharing my experiences and learning from others.
Next week we will be launching VendorCity, a new B2B recommendation engine that allows companies like yours to find the best and most highly recommended vendors and service providers in your area.  Instead of relying upon standard search results (which are almost always based upon marketing dollars) or upon pre-screened referral sites (which have some trust and timing issues), you will now have direct access to the companies that have been specifically recommended and rated by your peers in your city and around the country.
The service is free of charge during our launch period and you can earn additional free months of service by adding your recommendations and inviting your trusted colleagues and business partners.
So, is a word-of-mouth referral site something of interest to you?  Have you had the pain and frustration of trying to find a good service provider?  Have you had a service provider that cost you thousands of dollars (or more) in lost time and money? 
I would love your feedback. Let me know what you think and please sign up if this sounds interesting. 

Comments

• Options
    jccameronjccameron subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback guys. 
    Steve, thanks for the site comments.  Keep in mind that the idea is that everyone, every business t least, needs to work with good service providers...and, very importantly, every good service provider is almost always looking for more business.  So, as a service provider, your involvement in VendorCity could include inviting your clients to participate and share recommendations of the vendors they use and trust.