WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to I market a new idea?

SandyPISandyPI subscriber Posts: 8
edited September 2008 in Marketing
Originally Confadate was a web site for on line daters.  After meeting someone on line and before deciding to meet him (or her) for the first time, the client could order a quick (but legal)background check to see of this person has a criminal record and is who they say they are.  In the course of networking Confadate, I was asked to do a background check for a friend who was thinking about hiring a nanny.  Then I had another similar request.  Now I am trying to market the idea of easily accessible, affordable and legal background checks for personal hiring needs.  Question:  do I target home owners?  Single women?
elderly? What forum to I use?  So far just using the Internet is not working.  I have all so added Confa-tips to the web site.  Every month I will publish articles on personal safety.  This month it is Safety while Traveling.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.