WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Thinking of creating an affiliate program... help?

sleap13sleap13 subscriber Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Marketing
I`ve posted my website here in the past, and gotten good responses from people here to my questions, I`m hoping to get some good ones now as well.
I run a website that right now is just local to me, dealing with restaurants. The web address is http://www.thedso.com</A>.  Stands for, TheDailySpecialOnline.
Well, I`ve come to the realization that I`m not going to be able to grow and branch out, possibly even within my region, just based on my work alone.  I`d thought of having independent sales reps, but that leads to other problems as well. Compensation, record keeping, etc, etc. 
What I`m really thinking of doing is actually lowering my fee to the restaurants, in an attempt to make it so attractive that they basically say, heck yes, for that price, why not?  Make it very easy for them to sign up online, pay be credit card with recurring billing each month. 
Then set up an affiliate program where I pay for sales only. 
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks!!Shawn