WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

privateinvestor1privateinvestor1 subscriber Posts: 7
edited December 2006 in Startup Funding
Angels and VCs: What`s the Difference?
Very good article on the subject by David Rose can be found at:
www.americanventuremagazine.com/articles/341</A>
www.GettingYourMoney.com</A>
"Whether you think you can, or think you can`t - you`re right." - Henry Ford
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Schopenhauer
Stay positive and think for yourself. 

private equity, venture capital, start up company, angel investor, real estate, investing, money, hard money, financing, business plan, ppm, securities offering, regulation d, 506, 504, scor, letter of intent, loi, executive summary, elevator pitch, term sheet, management team, presentation, subscription agreement, note, commercial, residential, mortgage, hard money, loan, sba, grant, corporation, structure, LLC, corp,  privateinvestor12006-12-13 13:39:19

Comments

• Options
    hardknocksmbahardknocksmba subscriber Posts: 1
    Someone please explain to me why lifting a magazine article from a subscription only site is not both a copyright and DCMA violation.http://www.americanventuremagazine.com/articles/341Why does StartUpNation tolerate this kind of stuff? It only seems easier to build content and community by tolerating theft of other people`s work.
  • Options

privateinvestor12006-12-13 15:4:53
  • Options
    247Nurses247Nurses subscriber Posts: 1
  • Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Let me add that - whether you give credit or not - reproducing any copyrighted material is theft -unless the author/holder of the copyright gives permission.
    I assume that you agree with the author`s opinion as presented.

robertj2006-12-13 13:32:4
  • Options
    SEE UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST
    Thanks to all for the correction!
  • Options
    Cutting and pasting other people`s stuff here with a cloud of spammy keywords leading to a "buy from me" link at the bottom really gives this place a bottom of the pile vibe. Copyright aside, I`m surprised the moderators tolerate it. I`m new here, and stuff like this certainly has affected my opinion on whether this is a place where I would want to participate long term.
  • Options
    Cutting and pasting other people`s stuff here with a cloud of spammy keywords leading to a "buy from me" link at the bottom really gives this place a bottom of the pile vibe. Copyright aside, I`m surprised the moderators tolerate it. I`m new here, and stuff like this certainly has affected my opinion on whether this is a place where I would want to participate long term.
    Cool your jets big boss. Most people on here are advertising for something (regardless of how subtly they do it) -  Whether it be funding for their business, their services relating to funding businesses or just to give their 2 cents.
    If you are dissatisfied with what you see, the answer is not to attack others, but to add something (or at least reference something) that is relevant to the subject matter.
    Your evident frustration is acknowledged.  However, I corrected my mistakes and thanked the commentators for their observations -  pound of flesh given and contriteness noted.
    Once again, I thank all of those who corrected me.  And I apologize to those I offended by my missteps.
    Now "hardknocksmba"...what information of value and substance do you have to share?

"Whether you think you can, or think you can`t - you`re right." - Henry Ford
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Schopenhauerprivateinvestor12006-12-13 15:11:23
  • Options
    Joel, since you dropped by, help me understand the branding and focus of this site - so far as SUN is concerned, content theft is bad and should be moderated by the community, but blatant self-promotion and posts jammed with spammy keyword blocks are ok?
  • Options
    Not to push the point, but they do seem to be tolerated - in this thread, among many others. It has me perplexed, because I expected a different vibe based on the podcasts and radio show.
  • Options
    I feel like I`ve done my duty to point certain things out, including a big block of spammy keywords at the head of this very thread. I`m happy to hand back to you the burden of deciding what vibe and branding you want for your site. All the best.
  • Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I feel like I`ve done my duty to point certain things out, including a big block of spammy keywords at the head of this very thread. I`m happy to hand back to you the burden of deciding what vibe and branding you want for your site. All the best.
    I have visited many forums over the past few years and I can say in my opinion this is the best business forum I have been a part of especially how it relates to the spam. If you want to see a lot of SPAM visit the Rich Dad site. I think the first poster made an honest mistake and no offense but I think hardknocksmba was over the top in his response. The moderators are extremly active here not only monitoring the site but participating in the discussions. I appreciate this community and all the inspiration and ideas that are helping me as I start my business. Thanks SuN!!!JHonlineeater2006-12-13 19:17:18
  • Options
    I don`t think I was over the top to call someone out on stealing content. I may have been over the top after that, but I will admit to being somewhere between perplexed and annoyed when I get mocked for calling someone out on outright theft, and the response from the moderator is Yee-Haw, Aren`t things Great! I was further perplexed when the moderator said posts jammed with spammy keyword blocks are not tolerated, when the words below appear at the top of this and many other threads:private equity, venture
    capital, start up company, angel investor, real estate, investing,
    money, hard money, financing, business plan, ppm, securities offering,
    regulation d, 506, 504, scor, letter of intent, loi, executive summary,
    elevator pitch, term sheet, management team, presentation, subscription
    agreement, note, commercial, residential, mortgage, hard money, loan,
    sba, grant, corporation, structure, LLC, corpI really have enjoyed the podcasts and the radio shows, and the positive and encouraging vibe the Sloans bring to starting up a business, and was hoping to be constructive. I can see it`s not perceived that way. It`s not my goal to interfere with the community, nor is it my job to go around hitting abuse buttons, so I will stay out of the way.