WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Franchises or Small businesses

SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16
edited March 2012 in Marketing
I have been thinking more about this direct mail advertising service idea would fast food restaurants be a better niche than just small businesses. What are you Sunsters professional opinions.

Comments

• SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16

When you say franchises have a lot of support, do you mean they probably already have direct mail service in place?  The thing I’m worried about is can small business afford $150.00 for 1,000 direct mail ads, especially in a bad economic time. Then again their other direct mail service choice is $3,000 per 1,000 ads.
  • idahoidaho subscriber Posts: 2
    I would ask what`s your background?  If you have a strong business background in a business you may find operating independently a viable choice.  If you don`t have a strong business background then the built in structure of a franchised business is probably a better fit.
    The big benefits of a franchise is they give you a plan and the tools needed to be successful using a successful model that has been tested.  Of course the downsides to a franchise is less flexibility in the way the business operates and capital requirements vs a self financed start up.
  • shrs27shrs27 subscriber Posts: 0
    does anyone have any experience with snap-on tools or matco tools franchises? Any key differences between the 2. I know Matco doesnt charge monthly fees.