WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I got a Problem!

misterwicks2006misterwicks2006 subscriber Posts: 11
edited June 2006 in Thought Leadership
I am still trying to figure out a startup biz - maybe some of the authors of get rich websites are reluctant to help...You know the ones that say, "YouCan Earn $5,000 from You KitchenTable!!", because they wouldn`t makemoney advising me here.
Has anyone tried those programs,and could you fill me in?

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Get rich scams.... No they don`t work... it`s like the primerica thing...The thing with these scams, is you put money in their pocket... give you a bunch of books and brochures, and it`s up to you to follow through... most people get over whelmed after readin the first book.Good luck
  • misterwicks2006misterwicks2006 subscriber Posts: 11
    I cannot imaginge that they would survive - very bad!!
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    It`s the old days of selling elixirs. But now they are on television selling Internet or real estate success dreams.
  • watergalwatergal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I borrowed my friend`s kit that he purchased from Carlton Sheets, the real
    estate entreprenaur.  But that was back in my "working days and I didnt
    have the time it would take to pursue my dream of being a real estate baron.
    I finally returned everything back to him.  Did anyone every buy his kit and if
    you did how did it turn out? I think its a good concept but in NJ - everything
    is so darned high to buy in the first place!
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    haha.. It reminds me of that commercial on TV... "Yes you can get free money from the governement" what his name? he has dollar bill signs hanging off his suit.. has anyone ever bought his book? My friend did, and it`s a joke. it`s out dated and when you call the number is no longer in service.. 
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    That makes me feel so much better. I have nearly been sucked into those things. We can`t be strong all the time. Since I did not "buy" into the hype, I am pleased with my past decision. Thanks for making that moment of painful strength (Forcing myself NOT to buy it) all worth while. Ahhh, I passed that test in life... That time...
  • watergalwatergal subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    I bought the book. I forget his name, I just saw him again on tv the other night.
    Home Shopping Network sells his books. The package I bought included
    several books and your`e right.  Nothing I read in his books was helpful to
    me at all. I would never buy anything from him again.  He made it sound like
    it was an insider`s secret but all it was was a  waste of money!
    do you guys know a legitimate story of someone
    making kitchen table entreprenuer?
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    MisterWicks:
    I know of one successful "kitchen table entreprenuer" here at the SuN Forum. Our own SuN member Chris Hanisco who owns and operates the website. Great idea, products and very "hippy dippy" packaging. She`s a cool dippy chick!
    R@
    Richard, thanks. I can see why! Nice job.
  • RetiredMemberRetiredMember subscriber Posts: 0
    Well Wicks-guy, I can`t rightly say they are all scammers - or complete hucksters... but...

They`ll all tell ya` how to make a fortune - overnight - with NO skills - or work required. Yep - and that bridge in Brooklyn is still available to the right purchaser too. Just imagine... making a small fortune, virtually overnight! All that you really need to do is the ONE THING they fail to disclose -- you must first start with a large fortune! That`s the fastest way to a small fortune I know of... other than inheriting one... or winning the lotto.

Buy their books, special reports, e-courses and other "educational" materials? Your choice, but I wouldn`t. There are a number of great places on the web to get the same info - and for free! You might try this - NO-BS, NO Spam - business education group as a half-decent place to start: http://groups.msn.com/entrepreneur</A> These folks have been teaching newbies (and old hands) about business for better than eight years - and they do it for free. It is my understanding that the folks that run the group are all successful small business entrepreneurs... doing this "advising" as a way of lending a helping hand to those that want to follow their lead.

My advice? Check `em out and tell us what you find out here on this board... OK? Who knows, ya` might even find something you can do that will let you earn some money... and build a business that you can sell at some point.

Nick

thanks. What really interest me is thatso many forums have lots of membersbelonging to fun topics(chat,gay,tatooroom,living outragiously etc.)
    but, the serious forums foundon their webpage doesn`thave nearly as much of a following.
    (life planning, goals, how to have a baby etc.)
    I guess its important to find a forumwhere knowledgeable folks hangout.
    http://www.small-business-forum.com/</A>
    thanks again, i was pleased with your suggestion!!