WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Any real Experience in Pre Paid Legal Service?

AnilaoAnilao subscriber Posts: 2
Hello,

I recently signe up for Pre Paid Legal Service to get my papers read, and reviwed by a provider Lawfirm.

Its only been less than a month since I have signed up for the service, and so far been satisfied with their service, though not really in the actual product because I have not had any legal needs araise. I signed up for the service because I thought I would need it to have my incorporated papers read and reviewed.

The service costs only less than $ 8.00 per month or under $90 per year. Is this a good amount I am spending with them or should I cancel it?

Your opinion helps,

Thanks,
Richard Anilao 

Comments

• Options
    DawnayDawnay subscriber Posts: 0
    Richard,

You never know what can happen in a small amount of time.  This monthly amount is small compared to what you might have to pay down the road for attorney services.  The information you should have gotten with your membership will clearly state the different areas in which you can use this including traffic tickets, contract reading (up to 10 pages), unlimited telephone consultations with attorneys, letters on your behalf on most issues.  You should be sure what you have is the original PrePaid Legal headquartered in Oklahoma City.  They are on the NYSE (PPD) and are truly legitimate.  We were able to resolve issues quickly that could have been costly to us.  I cannot vouch for copycat companies.  They also have available (for additional cost) the best ID Theft Shield that not only protects you from identity theft issues but will recover your identity, if it is stolen.  This saves you a whole lot of valuable time and effort.

Hope this is helpful. C&D
  • Options
    AnilaoAnilao subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you for that information.

I believe that I did get the true, and original Pre Paid Legal Service from Oaklahoma.

However, I signed up from an individual independant agent that was part of the headquarter company.