WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Built to Order Website

CoreyDCoreyD subscriber Posts: 1
I just recently re-created my own computer business. I first started off selling prebuilt computers on ebay. Now I would like to create my own website where people can customize the computer that they want me to build. The problem is that although I have some website design experience I don`t know how to make the built to order menu (similar to how to can customize computers through dell or hp).  I have researched software to help me but most of it costs over $1000 dollars. I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheaper software that I could use to design this kinda of website or even someone else that could build it for less?

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    That can be accomplished with an ecommerce program. I know with Zen Cart you can define "attributes" for each product and price by those attributes. So, you could have a basic computer for $X then the customer could choose options (attributes) like different drives or memory and get a price and order online.

Zen Cart is FREE. There probably are other ecommerce programs that can accomidate your needs too.

~Roland