WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Audio Books

TRDesignTRDesign subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business
This is my first post on the SUN forums, although i`m a longtime reader and can`t get enough!  My father and i are looking to start a website selling audio books and for the life of us we cannot find a resource for finding audio books to resell.  Now our next step is to contact the publishers directly but logistically it seems like it would be a nightmare to keep up on new content.  Has anyone found any resources in the area?  Any tips as we look to start this venture?  Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Rex:
    You might want to check out Audible.com.  They will probably be your #1 competition.  They are publically traded (I own the stock and hoping for a buyout) and offer downloadable books and podcasts for a monthly subscription (I am also a subscriber).  Because of their size, I assume they have direct contacts with publishing houses.  Downloading the MP3 files is a lot better than buying tapes or CDs since the customer can put it on their computer, MP3 player or memory card and be totally portable.  Good Luck in your research.
    Eric MayoI have a friend Matt Morris who developed a similar company with Success University. You may want to check them out as well. This company uses a MLM model.