WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

need help

dalexdalex subscriber Posts: 4
edited October 2006 in Selecting a Business
Hi, I was doing research on ebay and cant find any products that are more than what wholesale costs would be. I am looking for a market that is affordable for under $1,000 startup. I was suggested to look into...
Energy and Health and Crafts and Scrapbooking
I had an idea about a Magazine subscription site "this one I like the most"
I dont see any of these markets bringing actual profits on ebay. Do they sell well off ebay? I want to start but afraid to as you cant even make a profit off the bay. Any help would be great.dalex2006-10-24 21:17:34

Comments

• Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I cannot make a profit from eBay. But I sell a different type of product. On
    the other hand I am sure there are some scrapbooking people here that
    would probably say... "The market is saturated." I am not saying there isn`t
    money to be made. I am just saying that what ever business you start,
    behind the curve of demand, will put you at a disadvantage. I started
    thinking I could sell products on eBay. Hell... Everyone else is. Then I quickly
    learned. I can`t make much of a profit selling the same stuff, because
    everyone else is. Of course I could jump in with them, but undercutting
    everyone is not how you make friends. The markup is already so low I am
    not sure how many are doing it now.
  • Options
    dalexdalex subscriber Posts: 4
    I like toys and collectibles. I also do not have the time or expirence to write a magazine. I am just looking hard to find something I can do besides Web Design that has to do with making money.
  • Options
    RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0

Hi, I was doing research on ebay and cant find any products that are more than what wholesale costs would be. I am looking for a market that is affordable for under $1,000 startup. I was suggested to look into...
    Energy and Health and Crafts and Scrapbooking
    I had an idea about a Magazine subscription site "this one I like the most"
    I dont see any of these markets bringing actual profits on ebay. Do they sell well off ebay? I want to start but afraid to as you cant even make a profit off the bay. Any help would be great.

Dalex, my son has been trying to sell stuff off eBay for many months, off and on, but he`s not making a profit.  Typically sells for less (bidding) than what I originally paid for it.  What he`s offering is usually Horror type movies but also has Horror masks that he made.  Very well done too, I might ad.  In fact if anybody who`s reading this is interested in seeing the Horror masks my son has created just send me an email via SuN.
    Good luck Dalex.
    RSchlieper (Ron)
  • Options
    RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0
    I like toys and collectibles. I also do not have the time or expirence to write a magazine. I am just looking hard to find something I can do besides Web Design that has to do with making money.
    Dalex, try my link in my SIG file if you`re looking to make some extra monies...
    RSchlieper (Ron)