WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Critique Needed

R2D2R2D2 subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2010 in Website Critique
I host a radio talk show on business. So far, I have used a template to construct my website (RVSitebuilder). At this point, I don't know what to do next. I probably need to re-organize it, but I'm not sure how. I have videos to upload, but I don't know how to do that either. I am considering re-doing it in Drupal, but I don't think I have the skills. Please give me some suggestions (ones that I can afford). My website is at: www.alabamabusinesstoday.com
Thanks,
Calvin

Comments

• Options
    R2D2R2D2 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks Ryanport, I had no idea that was happening. It's just another reason I need to get help.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    There are coding errors in your html.
    meta name="description" content=""Alabama Business Today" is a live newsmaker interview program hosted by Calvin Bacon. The program is "the last word in Alabama business talk radio" and a prime source for front-page business news on Saturday morning."
    The words after content= should start and end with quotes (") - only one set, opening and closing. You have multiple sets.
    Also - Watch the file size of the images you use. The main photo on the home page is over 461 Kb... quite large and will be slow to download for anyone not on high speed connection.
    As far as the site design... you need to decide what you want the site to accomplish and who's your target market. Then design around those goals and that market. Right now it's sort of a blog.

~Roland