WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Import/Export Business

rbnjrbnj subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Selecting a Business
Hi, I`m new to this site so here goes, I`m interested in starting a small import/export business from home. I have done some online research into this business and it seems that most of all import and export businesses are done by home based buisnesses.  My question is, what online courses are reputable in learning how to go about starting this business? I have seen many . many people selling courses online on how to learn how to do this but how do I know who actually is selling a course who actually is in this business from someone who just reserached and wrote an ebook?  Second question. I am an American working in Australia in the mining industry and I have made a few nice friends from a few of the south pacific islands who have relatives in those islands that have pineapple groves,  banana groves , coconut groves, etc. Not one of them is exporting their product to anywhere seems to me there might be an opportunity here.  Getting them to sign an agreement with me to represent them in exporting their fruit doesnt seem to pose a problem but how do I go about finding buyers in other parts of the world who would want this product?   Anyones input concerning this would be a great help and will be greatly appreciated as I am lost.   Thank`s  Russ

Comments