WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

POS for specialty foods store?

foodiefoodie subscriber Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get a little advice from other retailers on POS systems.  I am about to open a small specialty food store and can`t decide on a system, if I need one at all.  I`ve been looking at pos bundles that include grocery industry software for about $3000 outside of my budget .  How important is it to have the specific software?  Would a basic retail point of sale system do the job?  It`s a really small store, so, my other question is, do I need a POS system?  If anyone has experienced this please give me your opinions and advice

Comments

• Options
    BusinessServicesBusinessServices subscriber Posts: 0
    Specific software is only important if it`s absolutely necessary for you to run your business with.
    If you`re operating on a budget you can start out with a $99 cash register and $99 credit card machine and upgrade to a touch screen, inventory control POS system with all of the bells and whistles once your business picks up. Visit www.amsonthenet.com</A> they have credit card machines from $0-$1,500 depending on your business needs.
    If you need a cost effective POS provider call David Hoang at 469.628.6449.
    David is an expert in the POS field and is able to work with almost any budget.
    David`s parents owned (and still do) several grocery stores and after paying over $30,000 for a POS system he decided to use his IT and Computer skills to make POS systems for his families grocery stores.  Word quickly spread that David could build a POS system for grocery stores saving them over 75% and now David offers POS systems in every business field that you can imagine.
    My customers highly recommend him.
    Congratulations on your business. Hope this helps.