WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

RE: Won IT Contract Looking for Funding Help

AubreyBAubreyB subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Startup Funding

First off my apologies for the first thread I started. I copy and paste the idea and that is how the links popped up. My apologies.

In 2003 I lost my
job
. So I decided to go into business. I then travelled to a South American country with a technology business idea. I took a huge company with me,but we did not strike gold. I always knew that transfering simple technology to these country is a gold mine. So for the next 4 years I would constantly go back and spend most of the year,proposing business ideas,meeting with politicians,networking and bidding on contracts.
I put together a small IT team and we won a contract last year.
CONTRACT:
After convincing the capitol municipality on the importance of traffic citation,the
company
that I formed won a contract for 15 years. To implement,operate then transfer a paid parking meter system along with a full citation system that will issue citation for parking etc.This is something that they had always had in their city by laws,but never implemented. The revenue on the project is great but me on the other hand used up all my
money
over the past 4yrs of endless work with no real income. The contract is based on a similar idea that most municipality in the US does with parking meter and citation handling with outsourcing firm. That is what my start up is all about,and I am trying to break in the market.
Help Needed
So I am back in the US,looking for help,ideas and the most important aspect,the
finance
to get this project up and running. If anyone can help me or direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it.I did all the research on parking meters,citation software and the industry has realy evolved over the years.

Someone ask a question before the thread was removed before, please send me a PM.

Comments