Basic Accounting Concepts - Definitions

NVArchitectNVArchitect Posts: 12subscriber

I have been an entrepreneur for over 20 years, having started 13 businesses and so I have been forced to struggle with the beast called accounting. Even though I studied it at Uni (taking 10 years to complete a 6 year course) it was still something that did not fit well with my entrepreneurial flair. But, in time I came to understand its language and see its potent potential to add business acumen to my entrepreneurial endeavours.

I now embrace accounting completely and use it extensively in both the establishment of my new ventures as well as the day to day growth of my enterprises. I plan to write a series of articles on `accounting for entrepreneurs` in conjunction with a qualified accountant and put my knowledge and experience of accounting into plain English that hopefully budding entrepreneurs can use.
Here is my first in the series -

Accounting Definitions 1 

on What is accounting? How can entrepreneurs benefit from accounting? What is the difference between a bookkeeper and an accountant? What do they mean by Management Accounting and Financial Accounting. I hope it helps.

NVArchitect1/14/2009 6:04 AM

Comments