WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need SUN Community help for Worker’s Comp Website

TapjosephTapjoseph subscriber Posts: 6
edited June 2008 in Website Critique
Hi SUN Community!
Just rolling out the web site for a Cooperative I am on the board of.  Would you look at it and let me know your thoughts.  http://www.compcostsolutions.com
If you work at a company with:
HR
Safety Director
Would you share the link with them to get their feed back, and then share it with me.
You may reach me at my email, tapjoseph@yahoo.com.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    infiltainfilta subscriber Posts: 8
    Hi Tapjoseph,Pros: plain, simple, easy to navigate;Cons: I am not a fan of your colors. They`re dull. Also, there are not many who would appreciate justified text, especially where words have gaps like this "analysis         of         the" or whole paragraphs in bold. Same content in the left column of each page is quite redundant as well.
    Hope this helps.
    -Alexander
  • Options
    SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey just checked out your site and its looking good. I like your layout and design, looks simple and organized. I would suggest to fix your bulleted statement at the bottom of your page to make it look better. Overall a great site.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

As for the web site design - I agree changing the gray background to a lighter gray or white would brighten up the site. Also you use various sized fonts that do not logically go together. For example on your introduction page - the bulleted font is large than the words above it "

Yes. Now there is:"  Typically the font should be the same or larger.

The site`s title tags should change to reflect the content of each page.

As for the site content - from an HR/Business perspective, the site does not give me enough information to decide if I should pay over $1000 to try something. Because I don`t know what I`m signing up for. It sounds like it`s some sort of resource for employees to use to learn how to stretch and "prepare" for work - to help prevent injuries. The pricing seems high especially if I have less than 100 employees.

Also unclear, about downloading employee contact information - where is this information going? The security of that information  is critical. (Most effective Protocol is one (1) MSD Source Guide©administered per employee every 4 to 6 weeks.) Not sure what is administered - the employee is to revisit the survey/resource again? If they got specific stretching drills before, why go back again?  

It might be helpful to list the types of jobs or injuries this "program" can help. My company may have a WC problem (many injuries) due to a specific job task/exposure (that we know is a problem), but do not know if your "program" is or is not something we already tried or practice. Also, you may or may not have stretching exercises that addresses our problem.

~Roland

vwebworld6/25/2008 5:52 AM
  • Options
    TapjosephTapjoseph subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks every one.  These are really helpful comments!