WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Refining an idea. Opinions/suggestions wanted

paptamaspaptamas subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2011 in Website Critique
Many times I don't attend events (whether it is a movie, concert, etc.) because I don't want to go alone, and most of my friends are busy at the specified time. Let's say there are other 3 persons Mary, Laura and John who would like to attend the same concert as me, and they are alone too (or just want to make some new "friends"). I want to create an event listing website, where - for a specified event - people can recruite groups (private (just with invitation link) / visible for friends / public), to attend the specified events with. Or let's say you just want to walk your dog, why not to recruite a small group (3-4 people who wants to walk their dog), and do it together. Automatically you have a common subject to talk about.

question: Would you use an app like this?

Of course, you want to select, which people let you in, in your group. My first idea was, that you can create some filters (example:gender, age range, etc.), for what people can enter your group, but I don't want this app be similar to a dating site.

question: How to filter what people can enter your group? In what circumstances would you use this application, if any? What would be your expectation from it.

Every idea, opinion can help.