WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How do I get out of this?

opieopie subscriber Posts: 15
I have had my business for over a year now, have been pretty aggressive about marketing, have had thousands of website visitors and countless positive comments about my items (I create jewelry for girls).  I have had a half off sale, I have changed the look of my website, jumped through just about every hoop imaginable, and have had not one sale!  I, and everyone who knows me and my jewelry are completely baffled by this, as my pieces are unique and beautiful - if I do say so myself .  I am ready to move on to a different endeavor and would just like to close this chapter of failure in my life.  My question is this:  I have an LLC on this company and don`t want it anymore.  What do I need to do to nullify the company?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I can`t answer your question, but before you give up, why don`t you go to the Website Critique forum and ask the gang there to look at your site.  They might be able to give you a clue if there`s something wrong there.  I would have looked, but you did not fill out your profile.
  • Options
    glgcpaglgcpa subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I`m sorry to hear that you`re giving up.  Most new businesses take up to 5 years to succeed.  You may be selling yourself short, but if you feel the right thing to do is to throw in the towel, that`s your decision.
    LLCs are created at the state level, so in order to dissolve it you would have to abide by state law.  I don`t know what state you`re in, so I can`t help you there.
    Best wishes,
    Gina
  • Options
    ReliableAccountingReliableAccounting subscriber Posts: 0
    Two things:  First, each state normally has an "out of business" form and charges a fee to be formally dissolved.  It`s a good idea because it can`t come back to haunt you.Second, have you tried reselling through the large on-line retailers such as amazon, e-bay, etc.?