WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please Critique My Website

kimiijkimiij subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Website Critique
I am a childbirth educator who has just launched a childbirth services business.  I provide a variety of services including childbirth classes, early pregnancy classes, and birth consulting.  My website can be viewed at www.morningstarchildbirth.com.  I need some ideas on how I can make my website more attractive to expecting parents and I`d like to see how my website is perceived by the general public.  Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member

Nice colors, clean, you get your purpose out there early, simple navigation ..... well done. I think it`s visually appealing.
    I would suggest a bit more textual content on the pages if possible, both for user information and SEO purposes.
    The childbirth services page is wider than the others.
    You seem to have a huge amount of code for your pages, not really good from an SEO point of view.

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Nolene,
    I think that your site looks great. i like the circle backrouns and the navigation is super easy. The pictures on the right are nice and clean and simple. I like how you have the prices right on your website and I think your have a great amount and useful resources on the resources page. The only thing I would suggest is adding a bit of text to the home page, maybe spliting the area in half or quds or just more text to let folks know that they should go with you.

Erin
  • topthoughttopthought subscriber Posts: 0
    I noticed that the images on the home page are loading slowly because the images are very large, from a storage/transmission size. Two of them are around 500K and should be about 20K. I would suggest using a tool like Photoshop or PaintShopPro and save the images optimized for the the web.
    Great start.
  • kimiijkimiij subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi- thanks for your comments.  Unfortunately, I can`t do anything about the code because I`m using a service through sitekreator.com.  I think the bulk of the code is from the template that I use.  That leads me to something else.  Because I am using the system through sitekreator, I am very limited in the things that I can change on the page.  I won`t be able to do an online registration system anytime soon.  I may be able to set up a form where they can register and I can probably set up a cart as well, but the cart may cost some money and my plan is currently free.    Perhaps when I actually start making some money I`ll be able to make some changes to my website.

• cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    I agree, once you start making money you can make the necessary changes also this will give you some time to see how well the site is received. It appears you got some good reviews.

Good Luck!

Colleen