WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help needed for Business Development and Growth

BrianSlaterBrianSlater subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2010 in Marketing
Hello,
My name is Brian and I am the owner of a local moving company in Chicago. We are now in our 9th month of business and employ 32 people and are growing at an amazing pace. Now that I will be changing my role from a day to day work to more of a business development and growth minded owner, I was wondering if anyone has any idea about how I continue the growth of my business. We are working with an SEO firm and are building around 1000 dollars of backlinks every month. Also we have had amazing success on yelp.com and other rating websites. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can walk into real estate offices, home inspection companies, apartment finding services, etc.. and get these folks to promote my business. I am thinking of setting up a refer program, perhaps dropping off cookies and business cards. But I dont know what I should be doing in the way of what sort of marketing materials I should be dropping off, what kind of gratuity I should give individuals that get someone to move with my company, and how I can "break the ice" when approaching and speaking about my company.

Any suggestions would be a huge help, I will answer any questions about my business people might have.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Brian http://www.newcitymoving.com