WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Filing Online Trademark Application

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited October 2007 in Protecting Your Ideas
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone ever filed a trademark application on the government`s website by themselves?  I called a trademark attorney, and he directed me to the website.  It`s cheaper than his services.  It`s www.uspto.gov</A> is the web address.  I`d like to know if anyone has done this and how the process went.
Thanks,
DayDreamer

Comments

• Options
    getwellkidsgetwellkids subscriber Posts: 0
    I just applied for my copyright.  I had some questions and called the office.  If you can get through without waiting and being cut off (this could take awhile) they were very helpful in the office.  They say it is taking 6 months to completion. I printed off the application along with instructions.  Its $45 per application.  When I started looking into it, I was quoted $1100 per card, for me it would be over $20k just to copyright my products.  Do it the easy cheap way first to get your foot in the door.