WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Logo advice, please

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited June 2007 in Business Planning
Hey everyone,
I`ve been working on my business for almost a year now.  I still haven`t decided on a logo. It`s difficult for me because I want to be sure I put the right vibe out there for my product.  I know the logo is important, but am I putting too much thought into it or stressing about it too much?  What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    One source that I recommend for logos is a company called LogoWorks. You can find them on the net - they are inexpensive and good.  That being said, they are designed to work efficiently and high volume. Their work is great, but clearly you can`t touch the quality work you would get from someone such as a dedicated  professional (like I believe CampSteve is).
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB subscriber Posts: 2
    The first thing that I start thinking about is my product (or service) from a branding perspective. It is such a critical component of business that you should start taking the steps to get one created.Unless you really know what you want, be sure to look for someone who is capable of the style that you are looking for. You will know it when you look at their portfolio and see the type of design that would work well for you.  If you do have a direction you want to head in, I still recommend getting at least 2 comps with NO RESTRICTIONS on things such as colors and layouts. Often times a good designer can shed some light on thinking and expressing your business in ways that you never thought of.My last comment is regarding LogoWorks. I actually am just finishing up a project with them on one of my businesses and can only say that I was nothing but disappointed with the quality and turnaround of their work. I have heard great things about them, and many of their logos were what I was looking for. So I purchased the platinum package and boy am I glad I did. We have been in this process for almost 2 months now. The design ideas were amatuerish at best, so I finally had to get to the point where I told them EXACTLY what I wanted, even though I was not sure myself of what that was. I ended up taking their comps and making changes in Photoshop to them myself and saying "here, do this to it". It was a grueling process, so I do not endorse them, especially if you are looking for creativity.So be selective about who you work with. Your logo is a BIG DEAL but don`t get paralyzed by fear of doing it wrong! In fact, you can post your comps here and we will give you feedback if you like!Mark