WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Infopreneur biz idea feedback needed

rosesnivyrosesnivy subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Selecting a Business
I recently found this forum and am hoping I can get some feedback from those who probably know more than me! I have an idea for an online business that would put me into the “infopreneur” category.
I have a Master’s degree in counseling and did practice in the field for awhile, but am now home with my children full-time. I would like to use the education and skills I’ve gained to put together a website for women that focuses on self-help and advice from a counselor’s prospective (I will NOT do counseling online). It could cover several areas including relationships, parenting, and women’s issues.
Here are the ideas I’ve come up with for content:
*Q/A - anonymous questions for a counselor that I would then answer and post in a searchable area of the site
*E-newsletter
*Indepth book reviews on relevant topics
*Articles
*???
I’d like to know your take on the viability of a site like this and your thoughts on money making  ideas for the site.    
I need your feedback!!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rosesnivyrosesnivy subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your reply! Actually what Anne Landers has done is along the lines of what I was thinking about. I just don`t want to start long-term one-on-one counseling relationships via the internet because I am concerned about legal and ethical issues. I would definitely want some type of disclaimer on all pages.
    I``d like to use WordPress as I think the blog style would be easier to work with but I could still have a fixed front page (if I understand what I`ve read correctly).