WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Online magazine startup

MemphisMKMemphisMK subscriber Posts: 1
Hello,I just started up a locally-focused online culture magazine (www.CultureGrits.com). I`ve primarily focused on the content, hoping that with good content the traffic would increase. Though I`ve had some success with traffic, I need to know how to market the site to more people. I have a myspace page and a very small email subscriber list. I`ve placed free/inexpensive online ads on Craigslist and other similar sites. I`ve gotten a little bit of press, but not in any of the major news outlets. I was just hoping someone out there could give me some good advice. Thanks!
MemphisMK2007-7-25 13:43:22

Comments

• Options
    MemphisMKMemphisMK subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Craig,Thanks for the tips! I actually don`t think of CultureGrits.com as a food magazine. But I could definitely market it to restaurants since I do have a food section. I really like the idea of using the whitespace to entice people to read the articles, and to include more links on the front page. Thanks for your help!